Monday, September 24, 2012

Summer Season

Being home has been nothing short of amazing. Although I miss my friends I made in Virginia there is nothing quit like being surrounded by your family while doing what you love. Woodside was a good show for me getting back in the swing of things. Chloe came in Second in the advanced and Tito proved that he is a horse of the future. Montana did not go quit as planned for Chloe but unfortunately thats all part of it. You can read all about it on Eventing Nation and in the search bar type in "kelly pugh" This past weekend I took a handful of horses to Twin Rivers. It was fun competing there seeing as how it has been almost two years since I have been there and as always The Baxter family did an outstanding job and put on a wonderful show. My prelim horse Spot was wonderful, although I felt he got robbed in the dressage he was consistently good all weekend. I am very excited to have the ride on this horse! My training horse Tito was also consistently good. Both the dressage ring and show jump ring was full of atmosphere and he handled it wonderfully. Chloe also had a good weekend. I have been working with Bea DiGrazia along with my mother on the flat and the combination of the two have them has been helping Chloe and I get consistently better and better on the flat. It is hard for me to be patient with her knowing what she is capable of getting but that is why I am being patient. I know it is in there and in time everyone else will see it too. Overall Twin Rivers was a successful show. Team FTF had a good weekend with both Hollie Read and Holly Garret ending in the top three. Congrats guys! I also want to thank everyone who helped me this weekend. Couldn't have done it without you all! Now time to get ready for woodside! Chloe will run in the CIC three star, Spot in the Prelim and Tito in the Training. I will also be riding a client horse in the training. A very nice horse owned by Cathy Rich. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be sitting on so many nice horses! Woodside is one of my favorite events and I can't wait to be back there competing. Now for some really exciting news!! It was hard to write all that and leave this to the end but here it goes...I want to welcome the Garret Family as owners. Pretty soon here My mother and myself and the Garrett Family will embark on a trip to Ireland to hopefully come back with something pretty special! I am so excited to have them be apart of this journey. Hollie Garrett is a talented young rider and I hope being apart of this will encourage her to follow her dreams and show her that with hard work anything is possible. I am so thrilled to be going to Ireland and even more thrilled to add another horse to my string! I couldn't think of a more supportive family who not only believe in me but believes in this sport. I will be sure to keep you all posted on Woodside and Ireland. A shout out to my wonderful sponsors; SmartPak, Revita Vet, APF, Buckeye Grain, and Voltaire Designs. As always thanks for reading! xoxo Kelly, Buckleigh, chloe, Spot and Tito Dad reppin My sponsors! Jump School with Chloe Another Day at the office for Buckleigh. Chloe jump schooling at home Hula hooping with Ryder :) Chloe walk hacking in Aspen Farms Spot At Twin Rivers. Photo Credit Ashley Stone. New Pikuer Coats! Big Winner! Tito doing dressage Holly Garrett third place in her first novice! Spot! Buckleigh and his bunny friend :) My mommy breaking in my new boots! :)

1 comment:

# 1 Fan said...

So so exciting about Ireland :) :) I read your blog to the twins, McCoy seemed interested, Ryder kept dozing off but when I showed him u posted a picture of him he woke right up:) we are so excited for what's next for you ! Love you!!!!! Love ur number one fan-